Our partner, Global Choices will contain to ensure that your clients are and will feel safe when making use of these services. Together we are monitoring the situation to ascertain what other support can be offered during these challenging times and look forward to the additional benefits Global Choices are offering all MUA clients. In addition to the concierge services being available, they will now be offering 8 one hour long sessions for all MUA clients to assist with individual wellness, parenting support, learner and parent education assistance throughout the lockdown period. These telephonic services are available by calling the MUA Emergency Assistance number on 0861 000 682 between Monday and Friday from 8h00 to 19h00 and will be facilitated by a qualified professional who will call the client back to provide the required support.
A process to become more aware to make choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. Individuals are given access to a qualified professional to help address any problems or needs associated with a member’s health, wellbeing, relationships and productivity. This solution helps address and manage the high rate of mental illness (depression, anxiety, divorce, suicide, PTSD, potential job losses, loss of income, etc.).
A service for parents where we help facilitate parental know-how and support on how to reduce anxiety and learning problems in their children. It’s a service provided through an electronic communications portal through which parents get to discuss their concerns regarding their children’s learning, development and wellbeing with a team of qualified occupational therapists in real time. This benefit offers the child & parents coping skills and tools.
LEARNER AND PARENT EDUCATION ASSIST
A service aimed at helping parents with school going children. The services is offered to learners and parents to help and give them access to qualified teachers and tutors if there is no one else at home to assist with school work, projects, tests and exams or questions regarding curriculum or extramural activities who will them create effective learning environments to support them beyond the formal delivery of education and skills.
CAR HIRE FROM EUROPCAR AVAILABLE
Europcar fully embraced the spirit of the lockdown, with only three locations open to support critical services, understanding the dire need to protect the lives and health of hundreds of thousands of people. They continue to pay acute attention to the customers need for safety, reliability and cost-effective mobility solutions for your clients when they need it most. With the implementation of Level-4 restrictions as from 1 May 2020, Europcar car rental, van rental and chauffeur services will now operate in support of companies, organisations and individuals who have had restrictions lifted, eased or in need of car hire as a result of a car accident.
Effective from Tuesday 5 May 2020, Europcar has reopen a number of branches and depots around the country that operate during regular trading hours as normal. They are able to facilitate transactions from any of the branches that remain closed under Level-4 restrictions in their network of over 100 locations. Standby staff at these locations will facilitate these rentals and returns and deliveries and collections are also possible.
All booking channels are open and are functioning as part of the registered claims process, MUA Concierge and MUA Road Assist.
Europcar still have an extensive fleet of economy, luxury, SUV, people carriers, 4x4 and commercial vehicles available for rent anywhere in South Africa.
Additional Safety Measures
Their first and foremost priority is, and always has been, the safety of their customers, staff and suppliers. They have enhanced their public health and safety procedures to continue to combat the virus and ensure everyone who interacts with Europcar is safe. Their business has made significant investment in several initiatives to ensure the risk of spreading the virus is minimized and broadly focused around three main areas. Branches, vehicle sanitizing and people.
- Cleaning frequency has been increased and includes sanitizing of all hard surfaces.
- Social distancing is in place between all Europcar staff.
- Social distancing between customers is encouraged by means of floor decals, revised queuing.
- Layout and regular communication.
- Europcar staff wear facemasks to prevent the potential spread of the virus.
- Europcar has invested in counter screens to limit the possibility of infection in high traffic
- Mandatory temperature testing for employees is taking place before beginning work.
- Anyone with a temperature is sent home.
- Keys, pens, credit card machines, and any other item are sanitised between each transaction.
Clean vehicles have always been important to them, and we know cleaning and disinfecting vehicles is even more critical during these times. Our cleaning procedures, using recommendations from health authorities and in line with international best practice, include:
- All cars are sanitized by their drivers after delivery to the branch so that no other person enters a vehicle during the period between when it is sanitized and when a customer receives it.
- All hard surfaces cleaned with approved sanitizer, specifically:
- All outside door handles
- Boot handles
- Steering wheel
- Gear lever
- All safety belt buckles and handling areas
- All vehicle controls (indicators, window controls, light switches, etc.)
- All inside door handles
- The rear-view mirror
- All other hard surfaces that are commonly touched
- After the driver has completed sanitizing the vehicle, a hanger placed on the steering wheel to evidence the process was completed. This is to enable internal quality control and to give customers peace of mind that the process was completed. These hangers have been ordered and this will be implemented as soon as these are received.
- Deliveries follow the same process.
- Their famous mints will be temporarily replaced with a hand sanitizer for the renter as soon as orders are delivered.